There is (bone-ah-fide) research that laughter can help your overall health and keep you feeling great!
1. Laughter drops your blood pressure to a healthy level.
2. Laughter increases the flow of oxygen to your blood, which in turn increases your energy level.
3. It takes a ton of water to make a pound of refined sugar. (Oops! How did this get into the list? Oh well…)
4. Laughter relaxes your muscles and reduces muscle tension.
5. Laughter gives your cardiovascular and respiratory systems an awesome workout with an increase in the antibody IgA, which fights upper respiratory tract infections.
6. Laughter serves to boost your immune system by increasing the activity of the body's natural killer cells, the T-cells.
7. 54% of Americans prefer to fold their toilet paper rather than wad it. (Hmmm! I’m pretty certain this is not an actual health fact!)
8. Laughter reduces at least four of the hormones associated with stress.
9. Laughter can reduce pain and aid in the healing process.
10. Laughter is free and has no known negative side effects.
WOW! That’s the kind of news I like!
NOTE: For additional information about what laughter can do for you… please visit www.laughterremedy.com to read Dr. Paul McGhee’s “Humor’s Impact on Health, Resilience and Happiness”.